Chicken backs are the core of the bird, where all the bone marrow can be found, there’s nothing better for your chicken soup. Not only because of its taste but of all the nutrients in it, each portion contains 82% of the protein needed in a day, Complex B Vitamins and 180 mg of Omega-3.
The Chicken are well-fed and raised over open range conditions, no GMO’s nor soybeans were included in its diet. These chickens have no antibiotics, vaccines nor added hormones. Since its pastured under the sun it has lower saturated and mono-saturated fats and more Vitamins A, D & E.
Although Chicken Backs are used to cook some of the best gourmet dishes you can add them to your everyday groceries list because of its low price. Make your own Chicken Noodle Soup for your family!
- Cook in a crock pot for 4 hours on high with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar and a cup of water
- Remove backs, let cool, pick all the meat off and separate
- Put bones and skin back in crock pot, add carrots, celery, herbs, whatever flavor you want in your stock
- Fill to top with water
- Cook for 10 hours on low
- Let cool some so it’s easier to handle, strain broth into a separate container
- Now you have a pile of meat and up to a gallon of broth to make whatever you want!
Our Pastured Chicken is always free from antibiotics, vaccines or added hormones, a truly all natural chicken that is healthier and tastier than any certified organic chicken raised indoors.
Pastured Chicken has lower Saturated and Monounsaturated Fats, more Vitamin A,D&E, Polyunsaturated fats and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Pastured Chicken breast was found to contain 107mg of omega 3 per 100g serving compared to 26mg in conventional chicken breast – nearly a 4 fold increase. It also supplied 40mg of EPA, DPA, and DHA compared to 13mg in conventional chicken.