The best Chicken Noodle Soup is made from the Chicken’s Back.
6 servings / 1½ hour / easy
Chicken backs are the core of the bird, where all the bone marrow can be found, as a result there’s nothing better for your chicken soup, not only because of its taste but of all the nutrients in it, but each portion contains 82% of the protein needed in a day, Complex B Vitamins and 180 mg of Omega-3.
Well-fed and raised over open range conditions, no GMO’s nor soybeans were included in its diet. These chickens have no antibiotics, vaccines nor added hormones, and since its pastured under the sun it has lower saturated and mono-saturated fats and more Vitamins A, D & E.
Although Chicken backs are used to cook some of the best gourmet dishes you can add them to your everyday groceries list because of its low price, and make the healtiest Chicken Noodle Soup for your family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves of minced garlic – Purchase Here
- 1 cup chopped White onion – Purchase Here
- 2 cups sliced carrots – Purchase Here
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 lbs chicken backs (3 pieces) – Purchase Here
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2/3 cup peas
- 12 Oz noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups of water
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP INSTRUCTIONS
- Place the chicken backs in a pot and cover them with the water.
- Turn heat to medium high until boiling point.
- Reduce the heat to low and heat for 1 hour.
- Take the chicken backs out of the water and let them cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the bones.
- Return the bones to the pot and let simmer.
- While the bones simmer, in a different pot, turn heat to high heat and add oil.
- Saute the onions and add garlic, carrots and celery, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add ginger and turmeric; saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and condiment with the spices.
- Remove the bones from the pot you had them simmering in earlier.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Bring soup to boil.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes.
Enjoy your Chicken Noodle Soup with the whole family!