From the Chef Jay of Perennial Restaurant in Towson MD, a lovely Easter side dish. Pair with Chef Jay’s 5 Spice Easter Ham for a Restaurant quality family meal!
Total Time 1 Hour
Serves 8 people
1/2 cup granulated sugar
20 ounces crushed pineapple in its own juice
5 slices soft white bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly mist a 1.5-quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter, and sugar in a large bowl and cream together with an electric mixer until very pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes on high speed).
- Whip in the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in the pineapple and its juice.
- Tear the bread into 1-inch pieces and fold it into the pineapple mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and beginning to turn golden.
- Serve warm.