A wonderful addition to a fall or winter table. This Honey Butternut Squash recipe adds color and sweetness to your Charcuterie Board. Meanwhile, you can check out the recipe below and other delicious dishes here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 butternut squash halved horizontally and seeded
4 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoon olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix butter, honey, salt and pepper.
- Afterwards, make 3 vertical incisions to the halved squashes without reaching the bottom, and 6 or 8 horizontal incisions (to result in thick squares).
- Place the squash over a baking sheet.
- However, spread the mix over the squash and make sure you reach down between the incisions.
- Toss the thyme over the squash.
- Pour a swirl of olive oil over the thyme.
- Then, bake for 45 minutes.
- After that, remove from the oven and pierce the flesh of the squash with a fork
- If it enters easily, it’s ready. But if it’s still too hard, you can leave it for an extra 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to remove your Honey Butternut Squash from the oven.
- With a big spoon, separate the flesh from the crust but keep them contained in its rind.
- Basically, your Honey Butternut Squash is ready for consumption!