Fried Mushrooms & Thyme is a simple but tasty recipe that can be added to a Charcuterie Board, or as a side to a meal such as steak.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time:18 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Click Product to order!
- 1 pint mixed mushrooms of classic varieties (White button, crimini and shiitake)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To cook Fried Mushroom & Thyme, first get a large skillet.
- Place the skillet on medium high heat and saute the onions until they start to look translucent.
- Mix in the garlic and array the mushrooms in a single layer, cook until they turn golden (about 3 minutes).
- Afterwards, add salt and pepper, turn the mushrooms over and reduce heat to medium.
- Then, toss over as needed to prevent scorching until they reach an even brown color (about 5 minutes).
- Add butter and thyme, and keep tossing until the butter is completely melted.
- With a spoon, take melted butter from the skillet and bathe the mushrooms.
- Remove mushrooms, onions and thyme and place them in a deep bowl.
- Keep the remaining oil on the skillet until you serve.
- Before you serve, bring the oil to a boil, remove and pour over the mushrooms.
- Your Fried Mushroom & Thyme is ready to be served.