Italian Pasta Cheese With Sausage is a super easy meal to throw together and cook within a short time. It’s Farmer Seth’s favorite, and I’m absolutely sure you’ll love it too. Likewise, I have substituted cheeses for whatever I have on hand. I should double this as we normally have very little leftover, if any. In our house, we like leftovers.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb bulk Sweet Italian Sausage – Purchase Here
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes (w/Italian seasoning)
*if you don’t get the tomatoes w/seasoning you can just put about 1tsp italian season in
1 bag spinach
3/4 of a box of tri colored pasta (any pasta you have on hand will do)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
- To cook Italian Pasta Cheese with Sausage, first cook onions and sausage in a large skillet or dutch oven till it’s brown
- Then, cook pasta in a separate pot, strain and set aside
- Proceed to drain fat from sausage & onions, then add canned tomatoes & seasoning and spinach
- Cook until the spinach is to your liking (we like it dark and wilted), stirring often
- Meanwhile, add pasta to the sausage pot & stir gently
- Afterwards, sprinkle the parmesan and mozzarella cheese (right before serving) and stir gently.
- Your Italian Pasta Cheese with Sausage is ready!