NOTE: This item is Special Order. Simply add to your cart as normal. All special orders in by Sunday will be available for pickup on Wednesday. All special orders are filled once a week.
With a strong, subtly sweet, earthy flavor, and meaty texture when cooked, shiitakes make a perfect addition to any meal. Saute by themselves or cook in a stir fry, quiche, soup, or sauce, to name a few.
Shiitake Mushrooms are grown on sawdust logs from Honeymoon farm in Oxford, PA. From our farm right to your market, you can guarantee your mushrooms are fresh. No winding path from farm to packing room to warehouse to distribution hub to grocery store – right from us to you.
At a glance:
- 1 pint mushrooms (about 0.5 lbs) in a paper bag for freshness
- Strong umami, earthy flavor with a subtle sweetness, and meaty texture
- Slice and saute, add to stir fries, fried rice, soups, use as a garnish for meat
- Use stems to add flavor to broth
- For best results, use within 14 days of purchase
These mushrooms have a robust, earthy flavor that is complemented by butter, soy sauce, and vegetables. Shiitakes are great in stir fries, soups, rice and risotto, or as a side on their own. For preserving, try freezing, drying, or canning.